This page synthesizes DC Area information, resources, and ongoing relief efforts related to COVID-19. This page is a work in progress and will be updated continiously. For questions, additional information, recommendations, or further guidance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
DC Area News and Updates
Manually updated information and notices.
DC Government modified operating status extended until April 27
Mass Gathering prohibition extended until April 25
The District Council passed a relief bill meant to address and abate economic hardship imposed by COVID-19. Notable changes:
- SUSPENDS work requirements for Unemployment Insurance (UEI) (Apply for unemployment compensation here)
- EXPANDS UEI to employees temporarily isolated or quarantined
- EXPANDS eligibility period for SNAP, TANF, and Alliance care (Apply for benefits here)
- PROHIBITS evictions during public health emergencies
- PROHIBITS cutoffs of public utilities
- PROHIBITS late fees charged on rent payments
- PROHIBITS price gouging and stockpiling (Report Observed Price Gouging or Stockpiling here)
- ALLOWS restaurants and bars to sell beer and wine through take-out
- PROVIDES additional funding to create relief programs for independent contractors and employees of non-profit organizations who might not otherwise qualify for UEI
Government Resources and Information
DC Guidelines and Information
Federal Guidance and Resources
Relief Efforts and Support
Information on where to get help, or where you can donate time and resources.
DC Area Mutual Aid Efforts
DC Mutual Aid Compendium - great resource for figuring out how to help and coordinate with your community, friends, and neighbors.
DC Area Relief Funds and Organization
Please be sure to review and confirm veracity before donating, contributing, or requesting funds.
General Information and Support
Flatten the Curve - General Guidance about how COVID-19 spreads, why it matters to reduce trasmission, and what steps must be taken to make that happen.